Homecoming: October 29, 2011
Post date: Aug 22, 2011 11:52:12 PM
Georgia Tech's Homecoming will be the weekend of Saturday, October 29, 2011 this year. The game is against CLEMSON!
Plan to join the GTCA at our annual homecoming tailgate before the game Saturday!
The GTCA has a limited block of seats at the homecoming game this year. These are the cheapest seats you will be able to get, unless you are still pretending to be a student. Based on current sales, the Athletic Association expect tickets to the Homecoming game to be very hard to come by so we urge you to take advantage of this huge discount through the GTCA.
- Price: $50
- Ticket Pick up will be at the GTCA tailgate.
- Buy online in the GTCA Merchandise Store.
- Tickets are first come first serve. When they are sold out, they are gone!
- Update on 9/14/11, GTCA BLOCK SEATS ARE SOLD OUT
The annual Georgia Tech Crew Alumni Homecoming Tailgate is always open to all members of the GTCA, and membership is free to all friends and family of GT Crew. Socialize with fellow rowers, alumni and friends while enjoying free food and drink before the big game.
- Time: Tailgate set up all day. Official start time is 3pm, BBQ arrive around 3:30-ish, kickoff at 8pm.
- BYOC: Bring Your Own Chair
- Lunch: Fox Bros BBQ and drinks will be provided.
- No RSVP required, but it sure does help with planning. So RSVP on our Facebook event if you can!
- Corn hole tournament with prizes!
- Location: NEW FOR 2011
- Location - Skiles Triangle Lawn: The whole center of campus has been 100% revitalized. This area is between Skiles and the Student Center Commons. View a map here.
- Parking: Find a place to park at the GT gameday parking website. Check out the 2011 Football Parking Map. There isn't parking directly next to our tailgate location, so plan on walking through campus. You'll have to walk from a lot to our awesome location, but it's going to be worth it.
- Parking pay lots on campus: The closest pay lot on campus will be the CRC lot (W10) or the deck on State Street near 10th street (W23). If you have a GT parking pass, you have some options on East Campus too.
- Drop Off: If you need to drop things off at the tailgate, the closest drop off location is Ferst Drive, near the student center. There is a new transportation hub along Ferst Drive between Skiles and the Student Center that will be perfect for drop off.
Plan to drop off or park early, then walk to Skiles, and look for the GTCA banner in the green space before Skiles. This whole area of campus looks different, but it's very pretty. It's going to be a GREAT location for our very large 2011 tailgate.
Help with the tailgate by donating snacks & extra drinks
The GTCA provides the main meal and some drinks. However, every year GTCA members donate snacks such as:
- pasta salad
- fruit salad
- cookies or another dessert
- veggie trays
Please help. This is a simple way to give a little bit back to the GTCA. E-mail Events@gtcrewalumni.org with what you can donate. You can drop it off early and return to the tailgate later if you'd like.