10.09.10: Homecoming Tailgate and football game
Post date: Jul 27, 2010 4:42:56 PM
The GTCA has a limited block of seats at the homecoming game this year. These are the cheapest seats you will be able to get, unless you are still pretending to be a student. Based on current sales, the Athletic Association expect tickets to the Homecoming game to be very hard to come by so we urge you to take advantage of this huge discount through the GTCA.
- Price: $30 for 2010 active GTCA members and $35 for non active members.
- Confused about active and non-active GTCA membership? It's all explained on the membership page. If you received a 2010 GTCA active membership hat, then you purchased your GTCA active membership for 2010.
- Save money! The face value of the tickets are $45.
- Great seats! Sections that are just 5 yards away, or one section lower are $65 and do not have block seating available.
- Location: Section 228 which is on the 5 yard line. The block is at least three rows wide.
- Ticket Pick up will be at the GTCA tailgate from Catherine Owens. Other plans can be arranged for you to get your ticket if you cannot make the tailgate.
- Buy online in the GTCA Merchandise Store.
- Tickets are first come first serve. When they are sold out, they are gone!
- We will not have any available at the tailgate on game day, so buy early if you plan on being at the game.
The annual Georgia Tech Crew Alumni Homecoming Tailgate is always open to all members of the GTCA (general & active members, friends, family and alumni of GT Crew). Socialize with fellow rowers, alumni and friends while enjoying free food and drink before the big game.
Last year, at the 2009 annual GTCA homecoming tailgate, 60 attendees braved the cold weather and enjoyed warm BBQ from Fox Brothers BBQ. Adviser Rosalind Meyers and old Sports Club Director Dan Hazlett made an appearance and caught up with alumni and current rowers. Alumni traveled from Texas, Florida, New Jersey and all across the US to reconnect with GT Crew. Cornhole champion Mark Keifert took his team to first place again while Bart and Ree DeBacker moved all the way up to second place this year. And of course, the football game was one that Georgia Tech will never forget. The #19 Yellow Jackets' 28-23 upset over #5 Virginia Tech was its first win at home against a team ranked in the top five nationally since 1962.
- Time: 12pm Tailgate, 3:30pm Game
- BYOC: Bring Your Own Chair
- Lunch: Fox Bros. BBQ
- No RSVP required, but it sure does help with planning. Please RSVP on facebook if you think you will go so we can be prepared!
- Corn hole tournament!
- Location: The same location as the 2008 & 2009 tailgate. Parking lot between the Physics Building and Mechanical Engineering Building (the corner of the lot that faces Ferst Drive).
- Parking: Visit the GT parking office website for game day parking information. Lot W23 is a close GT general parking lot to the GTCA tailgate.