Dad Vail Regatta: May 7 and 8, 2010
Post date: May 3, 2010 2:26:10 PM
Thanks to everyone who attended the Dad Vail Regatta and visited the GTCA tent along the final 500 meters of the race course. Alumni, parents, friends and rowers all gathered at the GTCA tent to support GT Crew. It was another fun year with more amazing races.
Congratulations to Dad Vail Coach of the Year Rob Canavan, and to the women's lightweight 8 who received a silver medal.
Race results and pictures will be posted soon!
- The GT Crew tent is number 26 (around the start of the island - the 1500 meter mark). The tent will be set up on Friday and Saturday.
- All are welcome! Parents, current rowers, fellow alumni from GT Crew, the Delaware Valley / Philadelphia alumni GT club, and friends of GT Crew are welcome to this tent to cheer GT Crew together.
- Bring snacks for yourself or to share! On Saturday, The tent will have a GT Crew banner, lots of Georgia Tech decor and some snacks and drinks. Bring-your-own-picnic-basket (or something to share) and utilize the many food vendors at the race site.
- BYOC: Bring your own chairs and/or blankets to sit on!!
Alumni, things are just as you remember, but there is more white and gold then ever, and alumni can enjoy the after race shenanigans during the races.
Dad Vail Television: If you can't make it to Philly, live footage will be aired on this website: http://www.dadvail.tv/home.php?movieid=0&category=2010c
Please visit the 2009 Dad Vail Regatta Event post, and view the pictures from the 2009 event. Alumni from as far as California, Georgia, New Jersey, Connecticut and elsewhere visited the GT spectating area.
GT Boats are entered in these events:
- Men’s Novice Lightweight Eight
- Men’s Novice Four
- Women’s Varsity Pair
- Women’s Varsity Lightweight Four
- Women’s Varsity Four
- Women’s Varsity Lightweight Eight
- Women’s Novice Four
- Men’s Varsity Lightweight Four
- Men’s Junior Varsity Eight
- Men’s Varsity Eight
See updated results on GT Crew's Twitter here: