Atlanta Job Postings!
Post date: Jun 8, 2011 2:57:11 PM
One of our alumni sent us an email about some jobs in hopes that some GT Crew Alumni were interested or could pass it along! The company (Yahoo!) has two job openings for Search Account Managers in Atlanta and due to the technical/computer savvy nature of the position, tech grads are usually a good fit. So check it out.
Account Manager, Search
An Account Manager is responsible for building and maintaining deep partnerships with Yahoo!s highest value clients. The position involves up-selling existing advertisers, cross-selling new products and providing daily support to achieve team revenue goals. Clients are major brands and large sized businesses that spend from $300,000+ annually with Yahoo!.
- Have a deep understanding and ability to analyze client ROI / CPA goals and data, media buying cycles, Web site architecture, product / service update schedules, marketing philosophy, target demographics, etc.
- Act as the lead with your dedicated partner teams (AAM, CS, Reporting Analyst) to manage client services and develop account strategies.
- Understand how Yahoo! products will assist accounts in reaching their marketing goals.
- Proactively create strategic recommendations and implement search solutions for each client.
- Expand relationships with regular face-to-face client visits to build and maintain deep-level partnerships.
- Work side by side with an Account Executive to sell into new business and assist with up-selling existing clients.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all internal systems to respond to general and specialized client requests; including billing inquiries, click activity inquiries, bidding requests, relevancy issues, etc.
- Maintain and update proficiencies in the search and display marketing space.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in business or a related field.
- 3-6 years of Account Management/sales/marketing experience – Search experience is a must.
- A strong background working with clients face-to-face in an outside sales role.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding computer skills including advanced knowledge of spreadsheets (MS Excel), word processing (MS Word), and CRM systems.
- Demonstrated experience effectively optimizing marketing campaigns by analyzing performance and recommending adjustments to key performance drivers.
Preferable Job Qualifications:
- Passion for marketing and the Internet
- Professional demeanor
- Able to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem identifier and solver
- Intuitive/creative thinker
- Ability to function equally well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and easily
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to search all of our openings please visit http://careers.yahoo.com.
Contact: Kelly Demestihas (firstname.lastname@example.org) 404-495-3503
Think about impacting 1 out of every 2 people online--in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely Yahoo!. We do just that each and every day, and you could too. After all, it's big thinkers like you who will create the next generation of Internet experiences for consumers and advertisers across the globe. Now's the time to show the world what you've got. Put your ideas to work for over half a billion people.