2013 Atlanta Erg Sprints Planning Underway - Call for Volunteers
Post date: Oct 10, 2012 2:12:20 AM
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH, 2013
The planning for the 2013 Atlanta Erg Sprints is well underway. For 9 years, this event has been planned by GT Crew Alumni, and since 2004, it has raised over $44,000 total. Each year, as more alumni get involved and the attendance grows, the event becomes bigger and better. WILL YOU HELP?
A team of seven dedicated alumni plan the Atlanta Erg Sprints each year. For the event to grow even larger, and for it to be an even bigger fundraiser, more alumni participation is required.
Please glance at the areas below where we believe the Atlanta Erg Sprints could use enhancement. Contact AtlantaErgSprints@gmail.com if you would like to volunteer for any of the positions below.Some of these positions do not require you to live in Atlanta. None of them are very time consuming. Each position either directly adds to the fundraising total, or adds value to the event which will bring teams back year after year. This is a very valuable way to give back to GT Crew.
- Ordering & purchase of merchandise (especially T-shirts)
- Set prices
- Set and clean up sales area
- Schedule volunteers to assist
Sponsorship (volunteer can live outside of Atlanta)
- See current vendor/sponsorship information
- Contact possible vendors and provide information
- Contact possible sponsors and provide information
Advertising (volunteer can live outside of Atlanta)
- Contact rowing clubs, CrossFit gyms and indoor rowing clubs to spread word of event and get more participation
- Announce races about to start, races on deck, etc.
- Announce winners and any new hammer records
- Announce team point status
- Remind them to buy t-shirts
Large TV Donations would also be welcome for the day of the event
Thank you for helping us make this another successful year! We look forward to working with you in 2013. Please contact us at AtlantaErgSprints@gmail.com if you would like to volunteer for anything above. If you are interested in helping the Atlanta Erg Sprints in some other way, please email us with the details.