10.15.08 - Trailer Crash
Post date: Nov 1, 2008 4:12:44 PM
Around 6:00 P.M. on Friday, October 10th 2008, the boat trailer was involved in a serious accident en route to the Chattanooga Head Race. Everyone is very happy that no one was injured in the slightest, and the officers, coaches, and teammates are all actively involved in handling the repercussions of the incident. Here is some basic information:
- No other vehicles were involved.
- The truck and trailer were severely damaged (see photos, click image below for more).
- 9 boats suffered damage, some more significantly than others.
- We are currently working on a myriad of repair/replacement strategies and will keep everyone updated to the best of our ability.
- The GT Alumni Affinity Group will work as a liaison between the team and it's alumni, so check back here for more information.
- We are also looking into providing a unified support to the team in this time of need. The Affinity group will hopefully plan some events soon to help. Join a committee if you're interested in helping.
We would like to thank everyone for their concern and support, we are confident everything will be resolved and the team will grow closer in this time of crisis.
In other news, congratulations to the team for winning the Head of the Chattanooga points trophy!
Please don't forget to sign up for a committee. Not only is this a great way to get our alumni group going, it is a chance to help the team in their time of need.
And... we'll see you at the HOMECOMING Tailgate where you can talk to the team first hand while enjoying free food & drinks!!! See you there!